View the original post on the Stitely Entertainment blog.
“I don’t care if Mondays blue. Tuesdays gray and Wednesday too. Thursday I don’t care about you. It’s Friday, I’m in love.” After a gloomy week, it’s Friday and the sun is trying to shine. So as February comes to a close and spring is in the air, we at Stitely are here to bring you a Friday love playlist. So whether you are in love, searching for love, or not a big fan of love, there is a song on here for you!
1. Friday I’m In Love – The Cure
2. Hysteric – Yeah Yeah Yeahs
3. Tainted Love – Soft Cell
4. Let Me Go – Cake
5. Winter Winds – Mumford and Sons
6. Buckets of Rain – Bob Dylan
7. Falling Slowly – Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova
8. If There Was No You – Brandi Carlile
9. First Day Of My Life – Bright Eyes
10. All You Need Is Love – The Beatles
View the original post on the Stitely blog!
Music. It’s what fuels life. Music can alter emotions, move a crowd, bring a smile, and simply complement your life. It is so strong in fact, that often times I will be sitting on the train, walking through the city, or spending time with friends and hear a song that fits so perfectly with the moment that it is as if my life had a soundtrack. I believe though that everyone’s life has a soundtrack to some extent, be it music or the bustle of trains mixed in with city sounds.
Chicagoans are very fortunate to be surrounded by music. This is a city that has more street performers, live music events, and start-up bands than you could count. For this reason this blog will be dedicated to those Chicago artists that may not be as known. Give them a listen. They may end up in your playlists or your life soundtrack.
1. The Bright White – Red Summer Rose
2. Gaberdine – 1918
3. I Luv Luv Birds – Flicker
4. California Wives – Blood Red Youth
5. Smith Westerns – All Die Young
6. The Corduroy – Lines
7. Emblems – To Your Door
8. Paper Arrows – Look Alive
9. The Congregation – Save the Wine
10. Dastardly – Villain
Any other Chicago bands to listen to? Leave a comment, I would love to listen.