The Discovery Channel show Mythbusters will be coming to Chicago in March of 2012. . . sort of. There will be a Mythbusters: The Explosive Exhibition at the Museum of Science and Industry. And from watching the show, I do not think the “Explosive Exhibition” will fall short of its name.
Jamie and Adam — the hosts of the show explain that they did not want this to be a typical museum exhibit, it was going to be hands on. Which fits right in with the great exhibits the MSI strives to bring to the city.
Chicago Sun Times reported that some of the key features of the exhibit would be:
- A blueprint room of the Mythbusters’ headquarters which will include props and drafted ideas from previous shows
- Hands on workshops for visitors to take part in the experiments
- Stand-in hosts for Jamie and Adam to run through larger experiments and demonstrations
As a Mythbusters fan, and one who is tuning into the season premiere tonight — I cannot wait to see what they bring to Chicago!
Source: Chicago Sun-times
View the original post on the Stitely blog!
Music. It’s what fuels life. Music can alter emotions, move a crowd, bring a smile, and simply complement your life. It is so strong in fact, that often times I will be sitting on the train, walking through the city, or spending time with friends and hear a song that fits so perfectly with the moment that it is as if my life had a soundtrack. I believe though that everyone’s life has a soundtrack to some extent, be it music or the bustle of trains mixed in with city sounds.
Chicagoans are very fortunate to be surrounded by music. This is a city that has more street performers, live music events, and start-up bands than you could count. For this reason this blog will be dedicated to those Chicago artists that may not be as known. Give them a listen. They may end up in your playlists or your life soundtrack.
1. The Bright White – Red Summer Rose
2. Gaberdine – 1918
3. I Luv Luv Birds – Flicker
4. California Wives – Blood Red Youth
5. Smith Westerns – All Die Young
6. The Corduroy – Lines
7. Emblems – To Your Door
8. Paper Arrows – Look Alive
9. The Congregation – Save the Wine
10. Dastardly – Villain
Any other Chicago bands to listen to? Leave a comment, I would love to listen.